Expand your understanding of business ethics and discover ways to create and support a culture of ethics in your organization with this one-hour webinar. You’ll hear key ethical processes that you can implement immediately (if they aren’t already implemented) and explore some of the legal and professional ramifications of unethical business practices.
This webinar will focus on:
- The importance of ethics for your business purpose and culture - profits and the Common Good
- The relationship between ethics and compliance
- Respect for and duties to customers and society – how to treat your stakeholders and keep promises (i.e. contracts)
- Values, not rules alone (ethics, not compliance alone)
- Long-term vs. short-term focus
Speaker: Professor Dawn Elm, University of St. Thomas, is the Executive Director for the Society for Business Ethics (SBE). She is also Chair of the Ethics and Law Department at the Opus College of Business at the University of St. Thomas (Minneapolis). She is a past president of the Social Issues in Management Division of the Academy of Management and has served as an outside director on a number of corporate boards. Her current research interests focus on ethical decision making as a unique process, the changing value of privacy in a social media culture, and ethics and aesthetics. She has published numerous articles on business ethics, as well as articles on honesty, spirituality at work, and aesthetics in ethics and learning.
You must be logged in to gain access to your subscription.